- Hemel Hempstead train station is within a 10 minute drive
- London Euston is 26 minutes from Hemel Hempstead station
- Luton International Airport is within a 20 minute drive
- London Stansted is within a 45 minute drive
- London Gatwick is 65 minutes’ drive
- Heathrow Airport, Southampton Port and Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal are all within 90 minutes’ drive.
Travel discountsSmartGo Maylands is an employee benefits package for Maylands Business Park that aims to incentivise the use of sustainable transport, such as buses, bikes, trains and Electric Vehicles. Employers registering with Smart Go Maylands can offer their employees a range of discounts with partners including Arriva, London Northwestern Railway, Centrebus, Halfords, Railcards, Enterprise and many others.
Improving sustainable transport
Hertfordshire IQ is also leading an initiative to fast track the creation of a Maylands Area Travel Plan. The plan will capture short, medium and long term solutions and set out a time frame for delivery which will help improve public and sustainable transport in the area.
It will cover bus services and routes, bike hire, cycling and walking routes, car share, electric car hire and digital solutions, for example, an app to request a bus.
This will help to address the current and future transport needs for Maylands Business Park and Hertfordshire IQ.
Road infrastructure investment
We’re also working with local stakeholders to accelerate major road improvements around Junction 8 of the M1 for easy access in and around the area with £6m jointly invested by The Crown Estate and Hertfordshire LEP. These improvements will also enable the delivery of better pedestrian and cycle access.
Get in Touch